Thursday, March 5, 2009

To the Rescue

Yesterday after dropping Anne off at school I came out to the minivan with baby to set out for MOPS. When I was loading things up including baby I managed to lock my keys, purse, phone, and BABY in the van. Unfortunately, this isn't the first time I had locked one of my children in the car. I knew not to panic because of my previous experiences, but everyone around me seemed on the edge of a breakdown. Thankfully, Abby was fast asleep and was never aware of the "danger." After trying to reach Scott for 10 minutes I gave into peer pressure and called the fire department. Of course Abby is more important than a van window, but I was a bit worried the people around were going to bash in the window before the fire department could get there. We just got it two weeks ago, she was fast asleep, and it was only 40 degrees outside so I really didn't think that a hammer to the windows was necessary. Thankfully, the firemen, fire engine and all showed up and opened the door in two minutes without breaking any windows. I thanked them very much and persuaded them to take a quick snapshot with baby Abby (she's in the car seat.) After that I hugged everyone and still made it in time for MOPS :)

No comments: