Friday, June 18, 2010

Gra'ma's Birthday

We celebrated Mom's birthday this month. I made the cake and Granny brought the fixins. It was yummy if I do say so myself. I attempted to reproduce my mama's (my mom's maternal grandmother) buttermilk cake and I think I did fairly well. My expectations are always a little bloated and this time was no different. I just knew that when my mother bit into her piece of cake her mind would float back to Sunday afternoons at the funeral home with Mama. I kept a sharp eye on her when she took her first bite, but I couldn't tell if she was in a funeral home state of mind. She did say that the cake was good and that made me feel good. Happy Birthday Mom!

Anne dressed up in her finest for the festive occasion.

Abby played a little tune for Gra'ma

No comments: