Wednesday, September 30, 2009

East Texas State Fair

The East Texas State Fair is in town again. I love everything about the fair! When you walk through the gates and the intermingled smells of turkey legs, funnel cake, and cow manure hit it I slip into a mild euphoria. The fair was a real hit with Anne this year. She was tall enough to ride the rides, loved the petting zoo, and collected several balloons. Abby spent most of her time watching Anne and looking at all the interesting people.

I was determined to ride the Zipper because I missed out last year due to the fact that I was pregnant. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find a willing partner and had to settle for the Ferris Wheel with mom. It was probably a good thing I didn’t ride the Zipper because when the Ferris Wheel came to a halt for what felt like a eternity with mom and I at the top I went into panic mode. I yelled down to the workers reminding them that we were still up here, but I don’t think they heard me. I don’t remember being this scared of heights. It probably has to do with having babies. Everything comes back to that; children change everything. I did muster up enough courage to smile down at Anne and give a little wave.



All in all we had a wonderful time and I can’t wait until next year!