Monday, July 20, 2009

Moving

MOVING, it should be a four letter word! I spent the past two weeks packing up everything we owned (we are truly blessed in the US) with the help of my mother. It is impossible to pack anything while caring for a three yr old and 5 month old, that is fact! Thankfully Mom and Great Grandma entertained the girls while I shoveled pile after pile into cardboard boxes. On Friday the 17th several of our friends came over and moved everything from our home to a storage facility. They did it all in two and a half hours! Ashley and Aubrey watched Abby and Gra'ma took Anne to Chicken Express. The rest of the gang stacked the storage room to the roof, literally with all our things. We finished it all off with a filling dinner at Bruno's.

Saturday we cleaned and packed all the little things that were left at the house. It was another day of hard work. Mom and I cleaned. Scott and Dad dismantled and packed. We called it quits at five o'clock, showered, and ate dinner at Mercados.

Sunday after church Scott and I cleaned and took care of the last few details. We said goodbye to our first home and had our neighbor take a picture of the four of us. I'll post pictures when I get a chance.

All in all it was a physically and emotionally exhausting event, but we are looking forward to our currently invisible new home!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I feel your pain! We moved out of our first home 4 years ago and I cried for two weeks. :( Glad that's all behind you! On to bigger and better things!