Sunday, July 5, 2009

Independence Day 2009


For the 4th we traveled down to Conroe. It was a great visit with Gran, Grandpa, Uncle John and Nancy, and Great Grandma Regan.


Anne enjoyed her time immensely. Gran and Grandpa make her feel extra special and Gran always has great surprises.


Anne's favorite was a Mickey Mouse fan and spray bottle. She was able to keep herself and many others nice and cool.

We arrived Friday evening and spent a little time talking and playing before we called it a night. It was up bright and fairly early for Scott. He, Gary, and Uncle John had a tee time at 9:00am.

Scott played a great game of golf.

While the boys were playing golf Gran watched the girls while I went to The Woodlands Mall ALL BY MYSELF!

It felt funny going somewhere by myself. All I carried with me was my wallet and car key. I kept having this feeling that I had forgot something or someone. It was a relaxing time for mom!

When I came back the boys had returned from golf and Anne, Abby, and I took a little nap. I couldn't sleep to long because it was off to the spa.

Gran and Grandpa live in Del Lago and they (not Gran and Grandpa) have just opened a beautiful high end resort with every amenity imaginable. We took advantage of the Spa. Uncle John treated Gran, Aunt Nancy, Grandma Regan and I to pedicures and manicures. It was wonderful. We came back looking shiny and new.

It was off to dinner on Lake Conroe. We went to a place called Jakes. When we arrived we were greeted by a breathless patron that informed us Roger Clements was inside and please don't stare. I told him that wouldn't be a problem for me. Roger Clemments is a t-sip.

There was a live band and a few fireworks. It was a nice balmy evening.


Sunday morning we ate a delicious brunch at the Yacht Club in Walden. I love brunch!

This is a pic of the two Annes or if you prefer Anne squared.

We we were all finished we headed back to pack up and go home. It was a great weekend! Thank you Gran and Grandpa for having us down!

1 comment:

Allison said...

Ha! I love the comment about Roger Clemments. You crack me up Karen!