Sunday, August 9, 2009

Cooking


Anne has been learning the fine art of cooking from an expert chef. Who is that chef you ask? Well, it is Gra'ma. She patiently teaches Anne almost every evening. So far, Anne has made salad, mashed potatoes, and stirred all sorts of things. I learned all I know about cooking from my mom.

I am thankful for the skills she imparted to me and for the time she spent teaching me. My mother cooked every week night for as long as I can remember. She would come home form teaching school all day, change her clothes, and go straight to the kitchen to make dinner. She prepared meals to try to please everyone and never lost her temper when a certain little girl would announce her dislike of the proffered dinner.
I never realized what kind of discipline and love it took to cook dinner day in and day out, sometimes with little appreciation from her family, until I became a mom. I am so thankful for what my mom did for our family and hope I can follow in her footsteps.

No comments: