Thursday, March 10, 2011

. . . King of the Wild Frontier

My mom and dad went down to San Antonio to see the reenactment of the battle of the Alamo. It was the 175th anniversary. They brought Abby and Anne coon skin caps just like Davy Crockett. Apparently he was all over the place down there. They even saw Elvis.We are proud of our Texas heritage. I'm a sixth generation Texan and the girls are seventh. Scott makes fun of me because I am always trying to fit that into conversation, but there is rarely a natural opportunity to share about our Texas heritage so I usually just blurt it out. Remember the Alamo. Oh, by the way, March 2 is Texas Independence Day not Dr. Suess' birthday.


1 comment:

Colette Du Toit said...

REMEMBER THE ALAMO!
yeehaw and ya'll and right quick and fixin' to. Yay, Texas!