Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Bluebird Festival


Last weekend we went to meet Great Granny and Donna at the Bluebird Festival in Wills Point, Texas. Granny lived in Wills Point until she was sixteen and then her family moved the Daingerfield.

We kept our eyes peeled, but never saw a single living bluebird.


Anne had a absolute ball. Things started off a bit slow until she saw the train and hopped on for a ride. After the train we wandered up and down the rows of booths admiring all the crafts and baked goods. We searched and searched for cotton candy, but we couldn't find it. Anne was willing to accept a snow cone instead of the cotton candy.


We were serenaded by Elvis and gobbled up homemade gordidos. The Gordidos were made by hand and could be filled with anything from beans to cactus. It was YUMMEE!

After lunch we grabbed our seats for the "Snake Man" show.


We were in the front row when I remember that I'm scared of snakes. I HATE SNAKES! By the time it dawned on me the Snake Man pulled out the first reptile and I came close to a heart attack! I tried to put a brave face on for Anne, but I failed. Anne was pretty enthusiastic and has requested the Snake Man come to her birthday party.

Soon it was time to go. When we got home Anne told Scott all about the festival and told him he could come to the Bluebird Festival next year. I'll leave you with a parting shot.


No comments: