Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Bounce Chair and Swimming Lessons


Abby loves her bouncy chair! It hangs in Papa's office doorway, the only available doorway in at work. Anne helps Abby get things moving with a few "nice" pushes. I have to remind Anne to be gentle, thankfully Abby doesn't seem to mind the jarring effects of Anne's help.



We have been busy around here trying to keep the house clean for showings, swimming lessons, and work. Anne has started summer school and goes Tuesdays and Thursdays. She was so excited to see her "school friends" and Ms. Teresa. I am busy planning Anne's b-day party. How do you have a non-chaotic party with three year old? I thinking it will be short and sweet.


This week Anne has been taking swimming lessons from Ms. Debbie. I took swimming lesson's from Ms. Debbie's mother, Ms. Jane, when I was a little kid. Ms. Debbie is famous in Tyler for being able to teach your child to swim in a week. The first day Anne screamed for me the entire time. My heart ached to hear her pleas. I kept the calm mommy face on and encouraged her as best I could. I was really dreading having to bring her back on Tuesday, but things went much better. We came armed with passy and blanky and I promised her we could get a ice cream cone after lessons if she was brave. Well, she certainly suprised me when she ran straight to Ms. Debbie and gave her a big hug and walked over to the pool. She only cryed a little bit this time. She did how ever announce that she needed to go number one. I didn't want her to get out of the pool because I thought it might be a ploy to get out of swimming lessons early. So, when she asked if she could go in the pool I shook my head yes. I didn't want to verbalize it beacuse there were other people around, but that precaution wasn't nessasary because when I gave the affirmative Anne yelled out, "I CAN GO TO THE POTTY IN THE POOL!" We have day three of swimming lessons today. I hope all goes well.

No comments: